Reader Question: “I see these booties everywhere. Do I need them for this fall and winter season?”
Many clients have come to me asking the very same question! Booties can be hard to style if you aren’t sure how to. There are so many things you can wear with them where it be a skirt, dress, riding pants or skinny jeans, but where to start? We have some solid rules to follow when styling your booties this fall and winter season:
– Always, always, always wear black tights when pairing a work appropriate skirt with your booties.
– Petite women should choose booties closer to the ankle line, that way they blend cohesively into tights, riding pants or skinny jeans.
– When deciding on the perfect pair of booties you should tend to go with a taller heel. It will elongate your leg and make your overall shape slimmer.
– When wearing booties pair them with dark colors only! (dark washed skinny jeans, dark colored skinnies and black riding pants)
– There are so many booties out there to choose from and they come in a myriad of colors. We suggest you stick to only black. Also we suggest suede to leather. It is a softer material that will blend nicely with pants or tights. Materials like patent are too severe and tend to take attention away from your pretty face.
We hope that helps! Look out for another post on specific booties that we recommend later next week.